Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine
700 Molalla Avenue
Oregon City, OR 97045
Patient Care Coordinator/Clinic Manager (PCC/CM)
Clackamas Volunteers in Medicine (CVIM) is an independent 501c3 nonprofit organization and the only free clinic in Clackamas County serving un-insured and under-insured residents.
Reporting to the Medical Director for clinical matters and the Executive Director for all other aspects of the position, the part-time Patient Care Coordinator/Clinic Manager (PCC/CM) manages the overall clinical operations and flow at the clinic. The PCC/CM also acts as a liaison between the Medical Directors and the day-to-day operations and staff.
This position offers consistency for both medical and non-medical volunteers as well as part-time staff. The PCC enforces clinical policies and procedures and implements project management. This position is 20+ hours per week with some flexibility in scheduling. Attendance at during medical clinics (2-3x per week) and the monthly Med-Ops meeting is required. Spanish-speaker preferred but not required.
Patient Care Coordination (PCC)
- Liaises with Medical Directors regarding labs and other testing; processes Rx refills; provides patient communications as delegated, reviews plans of care and coordinates follow-up
- Telephone triages with patients and provides advice as needed
- Coordinates with medical providers and scribes regarding clinic flow, health education programs, and patient scheduling
- Ensures accuracy of medical record management according to HIPAA & OSHA guidelines and clinic P&P
- Advocates for patients with regard to billing and other issues
- Communicates and problem-solve issues with community partners regarding patient care, records, needs, follow-up procedures
- Specialty and Referral Service Coordination
- Lead coordinator of Project Access Now (PANOW) specialty referrals. Input application and appropriate documents into CLARA system; follow-up tracking, documentation and referrals as needed
- Processes referrals to other CVIM partner referral auxiliary services
- Oversees medication assistance programs
Clinic Manager (CM)
- Manages overall clinic operations and flow and leads weekly staff meetings
- Enforces Policies and Procedures (P&P) relating to clinical care
- On-boards RNs and other clinical volunteers
- Oversees clinic calendars: patient scheduling, Amazing Charts (E.H.R.), and Google calendars
- Coordinates Clinical Care Services: Lab, Nursing, Scribe, Scanning, Procurement/Inventory
- Staff liaison for monthly Medical Operations (Med-Ops) Advisory Committee
- Point person with external laboratory services and internal lab services
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve issues at clinic
- Liaison for health and outreach events with partner organizations that serve our client population internal (at clinic) and external (at outreach/community locations)
- RN or LPN License (current and without remarks)
- Experience working in a clinical capacity
- Working knowledge of State healthcare laws, HIPAA & OSHA regulations, licensing board regulations
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity in working effectively with people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of resources available within the community.
START DATE: Immediate
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Karen Shimada, MPH, Executive Director
by phone at 503-722-4400 or by email at: email@example.com/legacy