We seek volunteers with medical or non-medical skills to help us provide access to health care for uninsured members of our community. Join us to help Clackamas County VIM provide medical care with a heart. Sign up today!
Non-Medical Volunteer Positions:
▪ Patient advocacy / Administrative support:
–Answer and direct phone calls, welcome and check patients in, provide information, and schedule appointments.
▪ Eligibility screeners, schedulers, greeters:
–Work directly with patients to evaluate eligibility, schedule patient appointments, greet and direct patients, and interpret for our non-English speaking patients.
▪ Interpreters and translators:
–Habla espanol? Spanish (and occasionally other language) speakers are in demand.
▪ Computer, photography, graphics, media skills:
– Create marketing materials, implement system upgrades and maintenance, and participate in development strategies. (eTapestry, Constant contact, Facebook, Flicker, Google analytics, WordPress.)
▪ Building maintenance and upkeep:
–Help with building maintenance and small repair, keeping inventory organized, and helping maintain a clean and safe working environment for our patients and volunteers.
▪ Board members, fund raisers, event planners, committee members:
–Assist with strategic planning and sustaining the viability of the clinic. Support and participate in fund-raising and events, or participate on one of our committees.
▪ Student interns, workforce training participants:
-The clinic participates in several partnerships to provide supervised training opportunities. We are a federal work-study site. If you are a student, contact your financial aid office about opportunities for earning your work-study funds at our clinic.
▪ We partner with Easter Seals employment training and Community Solutions for Clackamas County.
Please complete the online Volunteer Application. Attach a current resume and references in an email and send to:
Email to ~ email@example.com.
Mail to ~ Attention: Volunteer Coordinator, 700 Molalla Avenue; Oregon City, Oregon 97045-2652
Have questions? contact us here.
Medical Volunteer Positions:
Credentialed health professionals provide all our medical services under the direction of our volunteer Medical Director, Dr. T. Michael Norris. Doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, allied health professionals and many others give their expertise to address the health needs of our uninsured neighbors in proactive ways.
Volunteer Positions Include:
▪ Doctors ~ M.D., D.O., and specialty docs.
▪ Physicians Assistants
▪ Nurse Practitioners
▪ Lab Techs
▪ Allied health professionals
▪ Referral partners. Volunteers participating in this program have agreed to provide services such as diabetes education, physical therapy, counseling, chronic pain management support group, dermatology, and podiatry.
▪ Special events sponsored by private practices
A community provider will occasionally volunteer to sponsor a clinic at their offices.