Faith Community Involvement
Caring for Our Neighbors is a central tenant of every faith. We invite faith communities to educate, serve and connect with The Founders Clinic. Please consider partnering with the clinic in some of these ways ~
- Educate your group about poverty and God’s heart for those in need. Include information about our neighbors in Clackamas County without access to medical insurance or the most basic primary health services.
- Serve through forming a congregation planning team or participating as clinic volunteers. Volunteers with a variety of skills are always welcome.
- Connect with the clinic by organizing an on-site visit, appointing a congregation liaison, or inviting a clinic representative to explore opportunities with you or speak to your members.
- Support the work of the clinic through mission giving, providing needed supplies, or offering prayer support.
Recent successful projects include ~
- Emmanuel Presbyterian Church in West Linn donated a portion of its special Peacemaking Offering and included The Founders Clinic in its annual Alternative Giving Fair.
- Foothills Community Church in Molalla pledged monthly donations for patient pharmacy and medical supplies.
- Donations have been made to the Founders Clinic from several organizations of St. John The Apostle Catholic Church in Oregon City– St. Anne’s Court, Catholic Daughters of America; Couples Connection; Knights of Columbus; and several individual parishioners. In addition, individuals continue to volunteer at the clinic.
If your church would like to participate in a similar way, contact us to speak with a representative!
Founders Clinic would like to partner with you to explore your community’s special way to become involved with our medical outreach. We have a number of resources to help as you consider ways to participate–
- A speaker or representative is happy to meet with you or a group in your community to explain the work of the clinic, answer your question, suggest ways to become involved, and refer those in need of the clinic’s services.
- A visit to the clinic is a very effective way for your members to see our facility first-hand and develop a clearer picture of our setting for providing personalized on-going medical care for our Clackamas neighbors without access to medical care.
- Communication tools such as files for bulletin inserts, posters, and informational flyers are available for your use spreading the word among your members.
I’m ready to do more ~